Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Task Bar does not show open windows

Windows XP Support

Old 05-04-2007

Task Bar does not show open windows

I am on Windows XP and the taskbar is not showing any open programs windows? Also, if I minimize it then I dont have any way to maximize or close them? Is it possible that they could be behind the taskbar? I have a Dell machine. The start menu properties dialog was checked and changes made but nothing works. It is also locked and has the quick launch activated. Please help.

Old 06-04-2007

You can try to point a blank space on the taskbar and then drag it to the side of the screen. The settings on the monitor might have casts the bottom too low. There might be usually physical buttons on a monitor to adjust the width and height.
Old 20-08-2009

Re: Task Bar does not show open windows

please how will clear this problem
Old 20-08-2009

Re: Task Bar does not show open windows

You can try to click the windows key on the keyoard and then click on properties and then go to taskbar and then see if auto-hide taskbar is checked, if it is then simply uncheck it.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,