Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error: RTHCDPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL relocation

Windows XP Support

Old 05-04-2007

Error: RTHCDPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL relocation

I have a Acer laptop which is just updated after not using for many months and then it gave me an error message that says:

"The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL"

I dont know which dll they are telling me about, there are atleast 3 mentioned in all in the error message. I dont know which program they refer to that will not run properly. Is there anyone who can tell me what is this error message? I am on Windows XP SP2. Thanks

Old 05-04-2007

RE: Error: RTHCDPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL relocation

Take a look at the article made on "Certain programs may not start, and you receive an error message on a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 2: "Illegal System DLL Relocation" from here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448/en-us
Old 05-04-2007

Re: Error: RTHCDPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL relocation

Thanks for the link, I checked that and it seems like everything I wanted was there.
Old 05-04-2007

Re: Error: RTHCDPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL relocation

I am glad that it worked for you and you are welcome.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,