Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't install AOE 3 Expansion

Windows XP Support

Old 03-04-2007

Can't install AOE 3 Expansion

I want to install Age of Empires III Expansion but I keep getting a pop-up saying that says "Age of Empires III was not installed for all users or the current user. Please log in with the correct account. This set-up will exit." I am my pc's admin and I dont have any other ideas what to do next? Can anyone please help. Thanks

Old 03-04-2007

Re: Can't install AOE 3 Expansion

Can you try to right click on the Satrt buttong and then select Explore. After that go to the All Users directory and then Start Menu and then Programs. Now you will have to create a directory called "Microsoft Games". In the same directory, make another directory called "Age of Empires III". Now try to re-run the game install program and see if that works.
Old 03-04-2007

Thanks for the reply, but even after following your method the same pop up still happens and it says something about the install shield wizard? Any other ideas?
Old 07-04-2007

Even I am facing the same issue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing the registry manually but nothing is working for me.
Old 05-10-2009

WHOOP it worked for me! thanks. on vista i didn't even need to navigate to all users, because when i clicked "explore" on start button, the only file that shored up was the prgrams file. and when i clicked on it like 5 folders popped up. I pushed "organize in the upper left hand corner, added another folder (named Age of Empires III), and it worked
Old 26-04-2010

hey thanks

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: