Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What is nwiz /install in startup items?

Windows XP Support

Old 01-04-2007

What is nwiz /install in startup items?

So, I was just doing something in msconfig just now and noticed a item called nwiz/install and nothing that I do not need anything installed I saw it was taking up 3mb in the task manager. I removed it and everything was fine. Does anyone know whether it is used for norton software? I was having that preinstalled in my computer and I used the Windows XP Add and Remove to remove it but also it left the Symantec Update icon in control panel and I dont know how to get rid of it. What exactly does this nwiz /install does? Can anyone let me know. Thanks

Old 01-04-2007

Re: What is nwiz /install in startup items?

Do you have nvidia graphics card installed in your system?
Old 14-07-2009

It is the device driver utility for nvidia display cards

You do not have to worry about it however to turn extra processes you can use startup control panel by mike lin

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,