Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What KEY to press to get to BIOS menu??

Windows XP Support

Old 31-03-2007

What KEY to press to get to BIOS menu??

I a having a ASUS A8S-X motherboard. I am here trying to enter the bios but not able to do that. I am simply not sure which key works here. I had tried ample of keys but simply no one allows me to enter the bios. Can anyone simply help me here to find out an appropriate key press by which I can simply enter bios and modify the settings which is needed. I am also not having the board manual that can help me to get a bit more information on the same.

Old 31-03-2007

Check your keyboard first. There always some specific keys like Del or F10 which you need to press to enter bios. And if that it does not work then you will need to simply ensure that the keyboard is working fine or not. You have to check that first. If the keyboard works well then you can simply press F10 or Del or some kind of similar keys for the same. This would be more helpful I think.
Old 01-04-2007

For ample of boards there are few set of default keys which works well for entering bios. And in your case you can do one thing. you can try DEL key simply offers choice of boot device. So you can do one thing here. Visit the official website of the board and download a product manual of the same. That manual will simple give you more detail information on using the board and looking for proper key support.
Old 22-09-2010

Re: What KEY to press to get to BIOS menu??

It depends on what BIOS you have on your motherboard:

AMI BIOS: DEL
AWARD BIOS: DEL
OLDER PHOENIX BIOS: CTL-ALT-ESC or CTL, ALT,S
NEWER PHOENIX: F2 or F1
DELL computers using PHOENIX BIOS: CTL,ALT,ENTER

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,