Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

feeds synchronization error

Windows XP Support

Old 30-03-2007

Am using a Windows Xp desktop system at my office. Its very old system and was working great without any problems. Donít know why from last few days it always gives me an error saying "microsoft feeds synchronization error". I donít have any idea about which feed it is talking about. Can anyone help me fixing this ?

Old 30-03-2007

Re: feeds synchronization error

First of all it is not the error with your windows xp, it is related to you Internet Explorer. Microsoft RSS feeds allows you get notified about all Microsoft updates directly to your desktop or internet explorer if you have subscribed. And am sure somebody have had did it on your system. So if you are using Internet explorer 7, open internet explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options. Now select the Content tab and click on settings button in the Feeds section. Disable it from here. The error should disappear.
Old 19-04-2010

I am also facing the same problem. To add to this , this message pops up even if you are not using internet explorer.
Further , whenever you press any key this message appears. Ever tried that ? Try to type an email address & after every character it would pop up. because of this you cant type @ as pressing shift results in the message popping up !
Please be in touch here as I am working on this problem & shall be back in a few minutes.

I was using IE 6.0 .
What I did was that I installed IE 8.0. It takes times but voila !! the problem disappeared.
Not it's working smoothly without any problem.
Worth a try.
I'll wait for your kind comments here.
Old 08-10-2011

I use Windows Xp and as u all helped me to check the IE 7 or 8, i did that. and i found that im using ie 6 . still im using the same and getting this error. Please help me to get rid of this problem. Its showing the error message for every 5 mins. Very irritating. Please help. And the error im getting is given below
"Microsoft Feeds Synchronization"
"Microsoft Feeds synchronization has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
Old 08-10-2011

It is possible that the RSS feeds may not be updated in Internet Explorer and so you are getting this issue. Just take a look at this and see if this can solve the problem for you.
Old 14-07-2012

Same problem with me as well guys. Its "Microsoft Feeds synchronization has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

It show every 1 minutes. How can I fix it?
Old 14-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeconn View Post
"Microsoft Feeds synchronization has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

It show every 1 minutes.
How can I fix it?
Which operating system have you installed in your machine? This kind of problem that you are facing occurs due to an incomplete installation of Internet Explorer 8, so try to reinstall IE8 again and see if the error that you were getting fades away. Hope that will help you out and if not then reply back.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , , ,