Thread: SOLVED error 1385 "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

SOLVED error 1385 "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

I am getting a bit issue with logon error. I am not able to understand the issue behind the same. When I try to access some files on the network I am getting a error related to permission. The error is "You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission. Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer". What does this error refers to. The same shared resources are accessible to other people on the network.

Re: SOLVED error 1385 "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

Try to reshare those folders. You are getting that permission error because you are not having any right for the accessing the files. You will need to re-share it by checking the giving rights. Ask the network admin to give you appropriate permission for the process. You can simply right click on the shared files and check out the permission settings. If you are using AD then the permission are applied user specific.

Re: SOLVED error 1385 "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

If there is a server configured on your network then you can simply resolve the issue by the following procedure. Look for administrative tools and there click on local security. In that simply look for local policies and click on user rights. There you can manage the permission settings. Try to put yourself in the group which is having full permission to share or access the shared resources.

Try repairing your network connection and then test back. I am sure that will be simply enough to get rid of existing problem if the issue does not really lies with share permission. You can try out one more thing here. Create a new group which is having complete access to the shared content. Then using the AD you can transfer yourself in that group. That would be a more easier way to fix the problem you are facing.

Don't know what all the bickering is for, But I would like to thank you for helping me out solution 2 worked for me quite well.

I am giving you some links. You can follow the instruction mentioned on the same and then go ahead with file sharing stuff. That will be more beneficial for you to get rid of the problem you are facing. Check the below link to get a proper detail on the settings that you are facing.

How to use the Simple File Sharing feature to share files in Windows XP