Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

CMOS time, system time, taskbar clock, all screwy

Windows XP Support

Old 28-03-2007

Re: CMOS time, system time, taskbar clock, all screwy

Time service starts automatically even when I disable the same and restart my pc. I am facing a weird problem with the time service. It is just messed up. I am not getting a correct time sync. I am running a application which relies on time for sync my documents. While the messed up time is just fluctuating the routine. Can anyone here help me to deal with the issue I am facing. I am sure there will be a way to fix the same.

Old 28-03-2007

Re: CMOS time, system time, taskbar clock, all screwy

Try to run windows update. There is a patch available on the same that offers you a proper configuration with time sync. If you do not found any updates then there is a manual way of downloading the patch available. You can click on the below link from where you can download the patch and apply in in your pc. It will fix the time issue.

Update for Windows XP (KB931836)
Old 29-03-2007

It can be a issue with CMOS. It is necessary that you replace the cmos battery and check back. There are some time server available on the web that you can use to sync your time if your system time is not stable. I think that will be a much better way of applying sync process. It might work well to some extent. First begin with replacing the cmos battery and then test it with some other time server if the cmos thing failed.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,