Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

cant install antivirus - says I do not have sufficient privileges but logged on as admin

Windows XP Support

Old 20-03-2007

cant install antivirus - says I do not have sufficient privileges but logged on as admin

I am running Windows XP with SP2 and I am logged in with an admin privileges. But even after that when I try to install Symantec antivirus, then it says ""error 1920 Symantec antivirus failed to start. verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services". Since the account that I am using has admin rights, then why am I getting this error message? Does anyone has any solution? Thanks

Old 20-03-2007

RE: cant install antivirus - says I do not have sufficient privleges b

Even I was facing the same issue, and I was told by Symantec to run their Symantec removal tool and then try to reinstall the same antivirus. The same tool can be downloaded from their official website, so try it and see if it works for you or not.
Old 20-03-2007

Re: cant install antivirus - says I do not have sufficient privleges b

Thanks for the tips, I will try that tool and let you know.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: