Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Internal error 2718

Windows XP Support

Old 20-03-2007

Internal error 2718

I recently bought a new system which came pre-installed with Windows XP SP2 and Corel Photo Album 6. As I don?t require the same, I simply deleted it from my system and subsequently had to remove the remainder via the Search option of the Start-Up menu and the System Registry.

Now the problem I?m facing is whenever I start the system, every time I use to get a pop up message asking me to insert the CD-ROM for the said Corel program. I guess it is appearing because Corel is still somewhere left in the start up menu. Anyway, I need to click ?Cancel? more than 20 times to get rid of this popup. Along with this pop up there use to be an error as well saying ?Internal error 2718?.

Any advice regarding the same?

Old 20-03-2007

RE: Internal error 2718

Did you tried disabling the same from MSCONFIG window? If not do it. This will remove Corel from Startup Programs. To do the same, follow below steps:
  • Go to Start > RUN > type ?Msconfig? > Press Enter.
  • On the system configuration window click on StartUp Tab and uncheck the line for Corel.
  • Click save and you are done.

BTW, how did you remove Corel from your PC? Was it from Add and Remove Programs? If you had removed it from here, it should have gone from start up as well. Anyways. Open Windows Explorer and locate this path:

C:\Documents and Settings\Local User\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp = locate the corel and delete.

Or:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Corel delete it.

Let me know if you need anything else.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,