Thread: PC freezeing at file a347bus.sys in safemode

PC freezeing at file a347bus.sys in safemode

I was using Windows XP Service Pack 2 since past six months on my desktop. Due to some reasons I needed to uninstall Service Pack from this system and since then I am having problems. Computer is not able to boot any more, keeps on looping from the Boot Menu screen.

I thought I can try out some troubleshooting by going into Safe mode but when I select Safe Mode from the Boot Menu, it starts loading drivers and get stuck on a file named “a347bus.sys”. It remains here for hours and never get it passed.

What can I do? Should I remove this file? If yes, How? Please help.

Amanda Wang Guest

RE: PC freezeing at file a347bus.sys in safemode

Hello m3pilot. Instead of going into Safe Mode and asking here about a347bus.sys,, why dont you try to fix the first problem, that is system not booting after removing Service Pack 2. I think you should try out repairing your computer using the Xp Installation disk. This will be the best troubleshoot for your system. Based on my research, please perform the following steps:

Step 1: Can you press ESC to cancel loading a347bus.sys? If you can, please go to the system and delete a347bus.sys and a347scsi.sys from
    \Windows\System32\Drivers\ these are the Alcohol drivers in latest version of Alcohol (1.9.2.1705) and replace your atapi.sys with a valid one from your current service pack. Then repair your windows install. If you cannot, you can boot the system in DOS and use the delete command to delete them.

Step 2: Repair Windows XP Installation

1. Place the Windows XP CD in the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.

2. If the Windows CD displays the What would you like to do? menu, click Exit.

3. Turn off your computer, wait ten seconds, and then turn your computer back on.

4. If you are prompted to start your computer from the CD, do so.

5. After Windows XP Setup starts, press ENTER to continue the setup process.

6. Press ENTER to choose the option "To set up Windows XP now, press ENTER". Do not choose the Recovery Console option.

7. Press F8 to accept the licensing agreement.

8. At this point, the Setup program will search for previous installations of Windows XP.

- If Setup does not find a previous installation of Windows XP, then you might have a hardware failure.

- If Setup does find a previous installation of Windows XP, then the following message will appear:

If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, setup can try to repair it. Use the up and down arrows to select an installation. To repair the selected installation Press R. To continue without repairing, Press Esc.

9. Choose the appropriate installation of Windows XP, and then press R to attempt to repair it.

10. Follow the remaining directions on your screen.

Note: Some updates or drivers may need to be reinstalled after System Repair.

For more detail about repair installation, please refer to link below:
    KB315341: How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;315341

For more information:
    http://www.anti-spy.info/process/a347bus.sys.html

If the issue persists, please let me know if there is any .dmp files or if there is any blue screen errors.

Please take your time in trying the suggestions and let me know the result
    at your earliest convenience. If you have any other questions or concerns,
    please feel free to let me know. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Re: PC freezeing at file a347bus.sys in safemode

Hi everybody

Sorry to reanimate a long-dead thread, but I'm at an impasse here.

I'm having this problem with a347bus.sys, but I have no way to delete the file. When I try to load windows (safe mode or otherwise), the OS quits loading when it hits that file.

I tried using the repair disk, but I can't get past Windows Setup to access the repair options (Setup freezes with "Setup is starting Windows" at the bottom; I'm assuming that it is still getting hung up on the corrupted file).

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the file since I can't get into Windows or access my HDD in any way? As far as I know, there is no way to boot right from DOS without a floppy drive (I don't have one). Thanks in advance!

Mike

Re: PC freezeing at file a347bus.sys in safemode

Windows Repair or Linux boot disk, it's been hanging every time it get's to a certain point. At this point, I would assume it's a hardware issue. Any other suggestions?