Thread: How to safely delete all System Information Volume content/System restore points ?

How to safely delete all System Information Volume content/System restore points ?

I need some help with Windows XP installation. I had disabled system restore on all the hard drives. Later on just enabled the same back on C drive. So just in case if there is a problem I can restore the same back. After running disk cleanup I found that it is not able to get rid of old disk cleanup files. I am trying to clean it. The space consumed by the old system volume information is around 20mb. I just want to know that whether it is safe to get rid of the same.

Re: How to safely delete all System Information Volume content/Systemrestore points ?

I will not recommend you to delete that folder. That will be a bit risky because it is used by indexing service and file encryption. So there can be problem if you delete the same and might face errors. It is essential that you must leave it as it. It is a hidden folder and there is no issue with it. You can keep your antivirus upto date and scan your system. That is quiet more than enough to maintain a standard level of security.

Just turn of system restore and run disk cleanup. That is the best way to deal with the problem. When you constantly run disk cleanup it will automatically wipe out the files that are not required. That is the best way to deal with the problem. You can also use some third party cleaning software that works more efficiently for cleaning up unwanted files safely.