Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

SFC /Scannow results in "Insert your Windows XP Professional

Windows XP Support

Old 16-03-2007

SFC /Scannow results in "Insert your Windows XP Professional

I am running a OEM version of Windows XP and I am getting the above message when I insert the XP CD in my drive, but it will not accept it and tells me that it is the wrong CD. There are many dll files that has to be repaired, so can anyone help me out how to solve this issue? Thanks.

Old 16-03-2007

re: SFC /Scannow results in

You are definitely going to be asked for a second CD because your CD just have the XP SP1 may be, so you have to try to locate the SP2 folders in your directories and point the pointer to it and click [OK] for the System File Checker to repair the DLL.
Old 16-03-2007

RE: SFC /Scannow results in "Insert your Windows XP Professional C

Thanks for the reply, but the OEM disk I am using has SP2 on it and when I am getting this message then it does not gives me the option to redirect it? any other ideas?
Old 16-03-2007

RE: SFC /Scannow results in "Insert your Windows XP Professional C

If that is the case then you can simply ignore the message and click ok and there might be the pointer that will pick up the CD path and repair the Dlls.
Old 18-03-2007

Check the article on "You may be prompted to insert a Windows XP Professional CD when you run the System File Checker tool in Windows XP Home Edition" from this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897128

Does that solve your issue?
Old 30-11-2012

re: SFC /Scannow results in "Insert your Windows XP Professional

i use xp home and xp sfc checker reported thAT IT NEEDED the pro disk also xp has corrupted my usb host drivers and won't let me use my usb's

any help would be appreciated
Old 30-11-2012

Re: SFC /Scannow results in "Insert your Windows XP Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by snacdaws View Post
i use xp home and xp sfc checker reported thAT IT NEEDED the pro disk also xp has corrupted my usb host drivers and won't let me use my usb's

any help would be appreciated
The issue that you are facing can occur when the following .inf files contain an incorrect source media description:
  1. Fp40ext.inf
  2. Ims.inf
To solve the same problem, go to this following link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897128
Old 10-12-2012

Re: SFC /Scannow results in "Insert your Windows XP Professional

thanks i fixed it

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,