Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Switch users in one click / shortcut

Windows XP Support

Old 10-03-2007

Switch users in one click / shortcut

I need some way to switch user instantly with one click. I am looking for some kind of shortcut that can help me to do the same. It is ok if there is some kind of third party application also available. I am looking for some way by which through a single click I can simply switch the existing user account. That will be helpful for other users also who are sitting on the same pc. If there is any automated application that can log out existing login automatically then also it is much better.

Old 19-03-2007

RE: Switch users in one click / shortcut

You can create a shortcut on your desktop. The keyboard shortcut used for this is Windows key + L. It lock your screen plus you have choice to login to different account. While for auto log off you can simply go in power management and set the idle timeout settings. The system log off automatically when the system is idle for specific time period. For more reference check the link below.

How to Quickly Lock Your Computer and Use Other Windows Logo Shortcut Keys
Old 11-05-2008

switch user shortcut

Link describing shortcut for switching users.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,