Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to change Computer Name after installed WinXP

Windows XP Support

Old 09-03-2007

How to change Computer Name after installed WinXP

I recently re-installed windows XP on one of my computers. During installation I dint created user account or set password. Even I dint changed the computer name. It installed with the default computer name which we get during the installation. Now as the system is completely ready, I found a folder named ?So and So? (for example) under Documents and Settings. I want to change its name but it is not allowing me to do the same. I mean I?m not able to change the folders name.

What is wrong? Please help.

Old 09-03-2007

Re: How to change Computer Name after installed WinXP

The folder name you are talking about is the not the computer name dude, it is the User Account name on which you are logged in. In order to change the Computer name, right click my computer, go to properties and click Computer Name tab and change from there. And if you need to change that particular folder name you will need to rename that particular user account from Control Panel.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: