Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Memory could not be written error. explorer.exe

Windows XP Support

Old 06-03-2007

Memory could not be written error. explorer.exe

I am facing a bit problem with windows explorer on my system. Whenever I try to open the same I am getting a popup error on my screen. The error stays that memory could not be overwritten. I had tried to install explorer back a number of times but it does not work. I am using windows xp pro here and it looks like there is some kind of serious virus problem. I tried to ran antivirus scan here but that also did not worked. What should I do to fix the issue. o.

Old 06-03-2007

Re: Memory could not be written error. explorer.exe

I will recommend you to provide copies of all Error and Warning Reports that you are getting through System and Application logs in Event Viewer. Because that will be more easier to help you. I cannot provide you any help on the basis of information you had provided. You simply go in Event Viewer through Control Panel. Check for Administrative Tools, and in that click on Event Viewer. That's all. The job will be done. So if there is ample of error information mentioned in the same the problem will be resolved.
Old 14-03-2007

The issue appear when there is a virus in your pc. You have to boot your system back properly in safe mode and then test back. I think that will be quiet enough to fix the issue you are facing. Under safe mode a limited number of application work and there is no issue at all. You can try running system restore here. That will be more effective I think. When you run that ample of issue will be resolved. But that will not remove the virus.
Old 14-04-2009

When i open internet explorer I get box the title of box is"svchost.exe-Application Error and in the down of box message is - The instruction at"0*0128f496" referenced Memory at "0*0128f496".The memory could not be "written". There click on ok to terminate the program and then click on CANCEL to debug the program.
Old 14-04-2009

Sometime this kind of issue appear due to driver or damage system file. So it is essential that you first boot in safe mode. Then launch cmd and in that type sfc /scannow and hit enter. The system will scan for damage files and replace the same. It is one of the easiest way to fix error occurred due to unstable system files. Sfc is a system file checker tool that just replaces the damage files. If that does not work then the only last option left is to format your pc and install xp back.
Old 12-08-2009

I am also getting through the same problem. And I found the issue was somehow associated with .WMV files. I had downloaded them from web. After deleting these files the system started working properly. But if there were virus then somehow my antivirus must detect them and show me the popup on my screen. But the scene here is quiet different. I will recommend you to checkout for such files and remove them.
Old 14-05-2010

when i open the masterpage or Jquery file in visual studio 2008 then the ZVMont.exe application error
The instruction at "0*005d7d45"referance memory at "0*00000150"
The memory could ot be written error occures................
Please send me the solu tion to run master page and j query file in vs2008 /...........

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,