| || |
Join Date: Jan 2006
Re: Export ODBC settings
Here is the step by step process for migrating ODBC data from one to another system. But before we start the same remember that it requires working with registry and hence concentrate while doing the same. Any mistake in registry could damage your system as well. Follow these steps:
- Go to Start, Click Run, type regedit.exe, press Enter.
- Now navigate to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI.
- In the left pane, select “ODBC.INI” key and select Export Registry File from registry menu.
- Now select odbc.reg and save it to any flash drive or on network
- Now go to your XP machine and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI
- Here you need to rename the existing ODBC.INI file to something else. Better name it as ODBC.INI.OLD
- Now select ODBC.INI's parent registry key and select Import Registry File registry menu. Give it the path where you have saved the exported odbc key and double click the key to import.
That’s it. You are done.