Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Export ODBC settings

Windows XP Support

Old 17-03-2005

Export ODBC settings

I am having a desktop running on Windows 2000 and a brand new laptop with Windows XP. I have a huge data of ODBC and want to move them all from Windows 2000 to my laptop (Xp). Now as there are huge in numbers I obviously don’t want to type them again manually. So I want to know if there is any way I can move my entire ODBC data from one system to another system ?

Old 17-03-2005

Re: Export ODBC settings

Here is the step by step process for migrating ODBC data from one to another system. But before we start the same remember that it requires working with registry and hence concentrate while doing the same. Any mistake in registry could damage your system as well. Follow these steps:
  • Go to Start, Click Run, type regedit.exe, press Enter.
  • Now navigate to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI.
  • In the left pane, select “ODBC.INI” key and select Export Registry File from registry menu.
  • Now select odbc.reg and save it to any flash drive or on network
  • Now go to your XP machine and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI
  • Here you need to rename the existing ODBC.INI file to something else. Better name it as ODBC.INI.OLD
  • Now select ODBC.INI's parent registry key and select Import Registry File registry menu. Give it the path where you have saved the exported odbc key and double click the key to import.

That’s it. You are done.
Old 25-10-2011

I know this thread is old and dead :) But Gosh you saved my day! This ODBC manager is just perfect.

Thank you very much!
Old 15-12-2011

Hi, this old dead thread seems like just what i need, but I don't see a link or reference to program, can you point me toward it? Thanks.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: