Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Location of Windows Registry File not RegEdit or other programs

Windows XP Support

Old 28-02-2007

Location of Windows Registry File not RegEdit or other programs

I am trying to remove some programs but not able to do the same. When restart the pc it gives me some problem. After selecting restart in last known configuration things went back to as it was before. I a not able to remove a tool here. My pc has two drives installed in the same. I had formatted my system and install a few application. Among which one is Mastercam. When i try to remove it, it shows me the uninstallation progress but the icon still remains on the desktop. I tried to re-install it, still it is not working.

Old 28-02-2007

Re: Location of Windows Registry File not RegEdit or other programs

Looks like problem with corrupt system file. It is necessary that you must run system restore and then check back. System restore is a good way of getting old settings. But it is not for sure that it will work. You can do another thing here. You can use the setup file of that application to run a repair setup. Then try to remove the same in safe mode and check back. I am sure that will work and will give you appropriate output.
Old 08-03-2007

The problem appear due to pending files in windows registry. Try this. Click on start and then click on run and in that type regedit and hit enter. Registry editor will appear on the screen. In that search for the name of application. You will find a number of registry entries. Delete them all and then re-install the same back again. That will be do the job.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,