Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

No System Speaker Driver Detected.

Windows XP Support

Old 28-02-2007

No System Speaker Driver Detected.

I?m having a laptop running with Windows XP. Everything is working fine except the speakers. A week ago it suddenly stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers but that dint helped. But surprisingly when I plug in my headphones or any any other external speakers I get the sounds properly.

Any idea what is wrong with this laptop? I don?t think it is hardware problem but the laptop is still new just 5 months old. Please help.

Old 28-02-2007

RE: No System Speaker Driver Detected.

There are few things i can suggest you for this but the very first thing you need to do is take the laptop to its service center because it is still under warranty and as you said you are getting the sound in headphone and other external speakers but not in the built-in laptop speakers, it could be hardware fault too.

Secondly you can go to the laptop manufactuer's official website and download the latest drivers. Install the same and see if the problem gets fixed.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,