Thread: Thumbnail view wrong

Thumbnail view wrong

When I checked in my pc, then thumbnails are not showing the proper picture of image files. It seems like the thumbnail is of the edited version of the image. The image file will open properly but the only issue is with the thumbnail. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? Thanks for any help.

Can you try to delete the thumbs.db which is a hidden file. Just right click on the image file and then select refresh thumbnail. After that try to reset the folders via Folder Options View tab. It will reset the thumbnails assigned for all folders. You will then be able to customie the folder views again for sure.

Re: Thumbnail view wrong

Also, I am having the same problem, whenever I open the folders then the thumbnails are not proper. I have tried refreshing them and also deleting the thumbs.db files but still it wont work. Do you know any other way to display the correct images? Thanks for any reply.

Even I am facing similar issues with thumbnail. When I select one thumbnail and with right mouse click update the thumbnaul, it will show the correct picture but if I come back to that same folder then the wrong thumbnail comes back again. I also tried to reset all the folders and it didnt work. Any ideas?

Turn off thumbnail caching...

JPEG files can be saved as "Baseline" or "Progressive". The progressive file format has a low resolution version of the file that downloads first followed by the higher res version. This is what is happening when you see several progressively better copies when you visit a web page. The thumb nails you are seeing are possibly the lower resolution images in a progressive JPEG.

Open the file in a graphic editing program that supports saving as JPEG and re-save it. I use photoshop, but the GIMP should work. If you choose baseline, there will be no low res data. If you choose progressive it should recreate a new low res portion. Either way the thumb should be correct.

you can do the following:
    - open the picture using windows paint program (mspaint.exe), and save the image in bmp format.
    - delete the jpg file and and thumb.db file
    - re-save the bmp in jpg format again.
    that should solve it.
    it worked for me!

don't foreget to delete the bmp file once done... :-)