Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Need help for svchost crash

Windows XP Support

Old 23-02-2007

Need help for svchost crash

I am facing problem with svchost crash. I am not able to find out solution for the same. It happens a number of time everyday. I am getting a long error message on my screen about the same. Recently I had changed my antivirus. I installed norton. But I do not think the issue with the new antivirus. I was using avg which not detecting threats. So I switched to some other and now getting error.

Old 27-02-2007

Re: Need help for svchost crash

Try to run windows update. Looks like some kind of issue with some internal files which are not stable enough. If windows update cannot help you much. Then the other thing which left is to simply run system restore. Svchost is associated with number of application. So it is not easy to find out which actual application is just crashing up.
Old 04-03-2007

Looks like some kind of security threat in your system. It is necessary that you must scan your pc with antivirus. Scan your pc in safe mode and then check back. Most of the time the error appears due to worm or trojan in your pc. You try a bootable antivirus with later virus updates and then test back.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,