Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

deleted files not in recycle bin

Windows XP Support

Old 22-02-2007

deleted files not in recycle bin

I am having MSI laptop with 25GB HDD and running on Windows XP. I was cleaning up my C drive by deleting unwanted old files and folders kept in my documents and all. By mistakenly I also deleted few folders containing very important images. Usually I do right click delete or by delete key on the keyboard, never do Shift+delete.

Now the problem is that after deleting the images folders mistakenly I went to recycle bin to retrieve them back but surprisingly there were no files or folders available. Let me tell you that I have set it not to permanently delete, also there is more than 100 GB space left on my C drive and as I said I never do Shift + delete.

Can anyone help me retrieving the same ?

Old 22-02-2007

Re: deleted files not in recycle bin

Before we start any hardcore troubleshooting I want you to check your recycle bin properties again if you have check marked the option ?Don?t move the files to Recycle bin. Remove files immediately when deleted?
Old 05-01-2012

Re: deleted files not in recycle bin

Right click on the recycle bin. Click on properties. Uncheck "Display delete confirmation dialog." Click on Apply. Click on OK.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,