Thread: STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The session Manager Initializa

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The session Manager Initializa

I hava dell laptop running with Windows XP SP1. Suddenly something went wrong and now whenever I try starting up the laptop it ends up with an Bluescreen with error message saying:

"STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut down."

It again restarts and ends up with the same error. Its been two days and I don’t know what to do. Somebody please help me out to get rid of this problem please. Thanks.

Re: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The session Manager Initializa

Well this problem might have been caused because of pending file-rename operations that are scheduled in the Windows NT registry, but that cannot be completed. In order to fix the same i will suggest you to follow the steps provided in this Microsoft KB Article:

Error Message: Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Session Manager Initialization System Process.

RE: Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error} - Session Manager

You should better try copying the new files from the Recovery Console prompt to your computer. But the very first thing is to find an older copy of the registry to take off the changes made by your antivirus app. Here are some Microsoft articles which i think you need to follow for the same:

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry -config-system: http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q307545
    How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

RE: Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error} - Session Manager

Thank you very much for the help IreneL but when i followed the suggestions provided in that Registry Repair KB, it appears like it is doesn't works for the OEM edition of Windows XP. They have already mentioned that:

"Warning: Do not use the procedure that is described in this article if your computer has an OEM-installed operating system. The system hive on OEM installations creates passwords and user accounts that did not exist
    previously. If you use the procedure that is described in this article, you may not be able to log back into the recovery console to restore the original registry hives."

Any other idea?

Here are the steps to troubleshoot a "STOP 0xC000021A":http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/156669/en-us

By the way did you run Windows Updates regularly? Run the Check Disk on start up, make sure the system is updated from MsWindows updates site.

Re: Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error} - Session Manager

I have the same problem. I get this same error. I was deleting some files that I thought were not being used. I was informed that because the files were deleted that Windows may not operate properly. Well today I go to turn on my computer and it doesn't start up. It just shows the Windows XP logo and then my Toshiba logo and it just repeats this unless I hit the F8 button a few times and then It takes me to the different options like Safe Mode, Debugging mode etc which I've tried to start my computer in these different modes but it doesn't work. My computer was installed with Windows XP but the only thing I have is my Toshiba recovery disk. Can you help me?

attention guys!

I was looking for a solution and none of these methods worked

the problem has a simple solution

1. find a way to access to your XP hard drive (for example, from another OS running on the same computer)

2. go to %windows folder%/system 32, and check the crss.exe file!

3. if it's size is above 100kb instead of the original 6kb, and has a 'W' icon, you can be sure it's an attack

4. find an original version of the crss.exe file, and overwrite the infected one

you're done!

hi ppl,

I have the same errors or may be different.
    it says 'stop : c000021a {F.......}
    ....... status of 0xc000026c(0x00000000 0x00000000)

any help??

In btw, i could access my winxp through Linux live cd and got lucky in transferring my data.i tried checking the crss.exe, it shows 6kb !!!
    Any ideas, what could have caused this problem, and how do i get my win starting up again or try a system restore??

thanks a lot
    cheers !!