| || |
Join Date: Aug 2005
Re: IEEE 1394 Firewire device driver problem
In case XP is not able to find the drivers then:
- Start the Registry Editor (Run -> Regedit). Check if under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion the value 'DevicePath' points to '%SystemRoot%\inf'. Additional items, separated by semikolons, are ok but '%SystemRoot%\inf' has to be one of them.
- Then delete the file C:\WINDOWS\inf\infcache.1 - XP will recreate it.
- The INF folder and the infcache.1 file are 'hidden'. To see them in the Windows Explorer:
- Menu 'Tools' -> 'Folder Options'
- Tab 'View', mark 'show hidden files and folders'
- If it still doesn't work after a restart, the files in C:\WINDOWS\inf might be corrupt. An Windows repair install helps then.
Let me know the results.