Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

DrWatson Postmortem Debugger

Windows XP Support

Old 03-03-2005

DrWatson Postmortem Debugger

I am getting a constant DrWatson Postmortem Debugger message when I try to go in My Computer or open My Documents. This is really weird. I am not able to understand why does the error appear again and again and then after a few couple of seconds explorer crashes. I am a bit stuck with the situation. I was checking some important emails when I found the error. Is it some kind of virus issue. How to fix the same.

Old 04-03-2005

RE: DrWatson Postmortem Debugger

I am getting exactly the same issue on my system. It looks like a virus problem to me. Recently I had connected a pen drive to my pc which was infected. My antivirus popped up a virus warning on the screen. It is really annoying. I scanned but after that my explorer also started crashing. I performed system restore and the system is working fine. I do not think it will run stable for long time. But still system restore is a kind of temporary solution to backup data.
Old 04-03-2005

Here is a tiny fix for the error that will help you to get rid of that problem. For that first boot in safe mode. You will need to modify system registry. Click on Start > Run and in that type regedit. Click on OK. Now navigate to the following location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version. Here on the right side look for debug. Right click on that and choose modify. Set the value 0 here. Now reboot your pc and then check back. I am sure that issue will be resolved.
Old 16-03-2005

Can be some kind of issue. But you can simply get rid of Dr Watson. It is just and tiny tool that keeps a track of log report on the system. You can try to run system restore as mentioned above. That is a kind of tiny solution which might help you to some extent. It looks for program error and you can on that basis simply troubleshoot your system.
Old 23-11-2009

Re: DrWatson Postmortem Debugger

Dr.Watson for Windows is a debugger that will be useful to debug and creates log files when a error occurs with in a program. Technical support people will analyze these log files and fix the errors. It is not a virus or a malware program.Dr.Watson creates log files at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,