Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Print spooler not running-Error 1068

Windows XP Support


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 14-02-2007
Book2047
 
Posts: n/a
Print spooler not running-Error 1068

My printer has disappeared and I cannot reinstall it. I get the message
Operation cannot be completed. The print spooler service is not running. I
tried to resart the print spooler and then I get the message Error 1068: The
dependency service or group failed to start. Please help.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14-02-2007
RajKohli
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Print spooler not running-Error 1068

Check if the followng article helps you.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Was_trying...x_this_problem

Let us know!

"Book2047" wrote:

> My printer has disappeared and I cannot reinstall it. I get the message
> Operation cannot be completed. The print spooler service is not running. I
> tried to resart the print spooler and then I get the message Error 1068: The
> dependency service or group failed to start. Please help.

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14-02-2007
Book2047
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Print spooler not running-Error 1068

I did those steps and got rid of the two previous error messages. However,
when I went to install my printer again it isn't working. It goes through
the steps and then in the end it tells me- Printer Driver was not installed.
The specified print monitor is unknow. Any suggestions?

Thanks

"RajKohli" wrote:

> Check if the followng article helps you.
>
> http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Was_trying...x_this_problem
>
> Let us know!
>
> "Book2047" wrote:
>
> > My printer has disappeared and I cannot reinstall it. I get the message
> > Operation cannot be completed. The print spooler service is not running. I
> > tried to resart the print spooler and then I get the message Error 1068: The
> > dependency service or group failed to start. Please help.

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15-02-2007
RajKohli
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Print spooler not running-Error 1068

You still didn't specify what kind of printer you have and what Operating
System you are using. Like Port type, USB or Serial, Dot Matrix or Inkjet or
atleast Brand Name and Model No.

However, check the following links. See if the applies to you as well.

http://www.brianmadden.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1262&mpage=2

Some google results. See which one applies to you.

http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en...nknown&spell=1

Hope this help, let us know!

"Book2047" wrote:

> I did those steps and got rid of the two previous error messages. However,
> when I went to install my printer again it isn't working. It goes through
> the steps and then in the end it tells me- Printer Driver was not installed.
> The specified print monitor is unknow. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> "RajKohli" wrote:
>
> > Check if the followng article helps you.
> >
> > http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Was_trying...x_this_problem
> >
> > Let us know!
> >
> > "Book2047" wrote:
> >
> > > My printer has disappeared and I cannot reinstall it. I get the message
> > > Operation cannot be completed. The print spooler service is not running. I
> > > tried to resart the print spooler and then I get the message Error 1068: The
> > > dependency service or group failed to start. Please help.

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20-02-2007
Book2047
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Print spooler not running-Error 1068

I'm sorry I left out the info, I am just so annoyed with this whole thing.
I have a Dell computer with Windows XP and a Dell Photo printer 720. I
am still working with the last link you suggested but haven't finished to see
if it will clear it up.

Thanks

"RajKohli" wrote:

> You still didn't specify what kind of printer you have and what Operating
> System you are using. Like Port type, USB or Serial, Dot Matrix or Inkjet or
> atleast Brand Name and Model No.
>
> However, check the following links. See if the applies to you as well.
>
> http://www.brianmadden.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1262&mpage=2
>
> Some google results. See which one applies to you.
>
> http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en...nknown&spell=1
>
> Hope this help, let us know!
>
> "Book2047" wrote:
>
> > I did those steps and got rid of the two previous error messages. However,
> > when I went to install my printer again it isn't working. It goes through
> > the steps and then in the end it tells me- Printer Driver was not installed.
> > The specified print monitor is unknow. Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "RajKohli" wrote:
> >
> > > Check if the followng article helps you.
> > >
> > > http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Was_trying...x_this_problem
> > >
> > > Let us know!
> > >
> > > "Book2047" wrote:
> > >
> > > > My printer has disappeared and I cannot reinstall it. I get the message
> > > > Operation cannot be completed. The print spooler service is not running. I
> > > > tried to resart the print spooler and then I get the message Error 1068: The
> > > > dependency service or group failed to start. Please help.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16-09-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 2
About Installing Printers

To everyone interested: I assume Book 2047 has solved his problem by now. If you run to the same problem, here is what worked for me and my lexmark printer: Go to services (If you don't know how to do that, go to My computer, right-click it, click manage, expand services and applications and click sercices: On the right you shall have all the services of your computer.
Then select Print Spooler, double click it and in general tab select start type: automatic and under service status press start. If you get a wierd message about dependencies or error 1068, don't get disappointed: Print spooler depends on some other services. So go to the dependencies tab and check them out! (You will find them in the upper screen: Example, Lexbce server and Remote Procedure call). Then go back to services, find the selected sercices and activate them the same way as you tried to activate Print Spooler.
If you get an error message when you try to do that, you may need to reinstall the specific services. If you have a Lexmark Printer, for example, you will need to find Lexbces.ex at Lexmark CD and expand it at Windows\System 32. You can find how to do that to the following link (Its really helpful)! http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/...16&relevance=0. That link can probably help you even if you are installing a non-Lexmark printer. If you still have problems, if you have unresolved issues with previous printers, or if you just want to try something else (like getting rid of Lexbces. dependency altogether), go to http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm and follow the Instructions (Really great site for Windows troubleshooting in general). Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16-09-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 2
About Installing Printers

To everyone interested: I assume Book 2047 has solved his problem by now. If you run to the same problem, here is what worked for me and my lexmark printer: Go to services (If you don't know how to do that, go to My computer, right-click it, click manage, expand services and applications and click sercices: On the right you shall have all the services of your computer.
Then select Print Spooler, double click it and in general tab select start type: automatic and under service status press start. If you get a wierd message about dependencies or error 1068, don't get disappointed: Print spooler depends on some other services. So go to the dependencies tab and check them out! (You will find them in the upper screen: Example, Lexbce server and Remote Procedure call). Then go back to services, find the selected sercices and activate them the same way as you tried to activate Print Spooler.
If you get an error message when you try to do that, you may need to reinstall the specific services. If you have a Lexmark Printer, for example, you will need to find Lexbces.ex at Lexmark CD and expand it at Windows\System 32. You can find how to do that to the following link (Its really helpful)! http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/...16&relevance=0. That link can probably help you even if you are installing a non-Lexmark printer. If you still have problems, if you have unresolved issues with previous printers, or if you just want to try something else (like getting rid of Lexbces. dependency altogether), go to http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm and follow the Instructions (Really great site for Windows troubleshooting in general). Good luck!
Additional notes: 1.Be very carefull when you type the path to expand your file. I lost hours because I was not puttin a dot in the right place. 2. If you don't have previous printers or if they are not in your computer annymore (use search to find that out) obviously you don't have to uninstall lexbces.exe (if you get comfused!) Good luck 2!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20-01-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
Re: Print spooler not running-Error 1068

I tried your suggestions and my printer now works! Thank you!!! This is an awesome web site.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Print spooler not running-Error 1068"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Print spooler service is not running sayeed Windows XP Support 5 13-07-2009 01:08 AM
Print spooler service not running Thomas M. McDonald Vista Help 8 03-07-2009 05:08 PM
Print spooler service not running. Azuria Windows Software 3 26-06-2009 01:06 PM
help - print spooler service not running - but it is RaeS Windows XP Support 1 10-09-2008 02:43 AM
Win XP I can't install printer, error message says print spooler service not running hatred Windows XP Support 2 12-05-2008 08:55 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:30 PM.