| || |
| || |
Join Date: Oct 2005
Re: Want Hibernate button Instead of Stand By button
You can try to modify the registry editor and see if that works:
- First of all go to Start>Run>type in "regedit" without the quotes
- After that navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows
- Now try to rght-click Windows, point to New, and then click Key.
- In the New Key #1 box, type System, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click System, point to New, and then click Key.
- In the New Key #1 box, type Shutdown, and then press ENTER.
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- In the New Value # 1 box, type ShowHibernateButton, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click ShowHibernateButton, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, leave the default Hexadecimal option
- selected, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor and then restart. That should do it.