Thread: Default view in Open / Save as File Dialog Box

Default view in Open / Save as File Dialog Box

How to restore the default view in Windows Explore. I went inside Folder Options but I a not able to find anything. My Explorer does not shows me any additional settings. I am using Windows XP. I am actually trying to find a multi-functional File Explorer. That can offer me a good way to search file plus compare them. Windows XP has a very basic explorer. I am getting a bit issue in file arrangement and search. I need some way to restore the default settings.

Re: Default view in Open / Save as File Dialog Box

For getting advance option you will need to use a third party tool. There are some advance file explorer software available on the web. You can simply use them to search for files and compare them. If you are facing a problem with current explorer settings then you can try running system restore. It will hook the old settings back in your system and I think it is quiet easy also.

There is one tool you can try. It is called as ExplorerXP. It is a free file manager for Windows XP with a bit advance feature. But it is much more better compare to the existing Explorer. It offers you a three way window where you can find files in from of folders and tree layout. While it also has ample of proper search features. You must try this once.
    Last edited by Raj; 08-04-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed

For advance usage there is a recommended file manager software called as Explorer++. It is a very lightweight software that works really well with files stored in the pc. You can view image thumbnail before moving them. The best thing of using this tool is that it is extremely lightweight.

Well am not sure what was the name of that application that was posted by vipul, but alternatively, you can use "Easy Thumbnails" for the same. You can download it from here. It is just 1mn in size and with userfriendly interface.