Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

still getting "Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content" even though marked as safe

Windows XP Support

Old 11-02-2007

still getting "Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content" even though marked as safe

I got a popup on Internet Explorer about Active X project. When I tried to install the same I am getting a error. The error states "Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content". I had updated the browser with everything. But it does not looks to be working fine. What should I do here. Does re-installing the web browser is enough to fix the problem.

Old 11-02-2007

Re: still getting "Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content" even though marked as safe

Looks like some kind of security bug in the web browser. Go in Internet Options and in that click on Advance. There look for security section and simply put a tick mark on allow active content to run files. That's all. Just restart the web browser and then check back. I am sure that will be enough to fix the activex error you are facing. You can also download the same from Macromedia website and install it in your pc.
Old 14-02-2007

Yes re-install the web browser once and then then check back. If the above settings does not work. You can try to download the most recent Internet Explorer browser from web and install it in your pc. That is one of the best way to fix the problem you are facing. By upgrading the browser version you will get more better features and performance output. I am sure the issue will be resolved once the browser is re-installed.
Old 16-05-2008

Annoying ActiveX msg when running Javascript locally

Thanks for that tip ("Options..advanced tab..scroll down to security and put a check in 'Allow Active content to run in files on My Computer' ") worked for me. All I was doing was displaying the date using Javascript on a local webpage.

Last edited by Raj : 17-04-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: typo

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,