Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

what is sysfader.exe

Windows XP Support

Old 27-02-2005

what is sysfader.exe

My system is freezing a lot in last few days. It goes back to normal when I restart the pc. But it does not seems to be working fine. The issue lies with some sysfader.exe. I checked inside task manager and found that this .exe application is eating maximum number of my system resource. I am so annoyed with it. I scanned my system with antivirus but it did not found anything. My system looks to be getting slower day by day. Is there a way to remove sysfader or any associated application which is causing this issue.

Old 27-02-2005

re: what is sysfader.exe

If you go on web and search for sysfader you will find that it is not an infection r virus. It can be some file associated with nvidia drivers. If you are having nvidia graphic card on your system then it is installed by the driver setup. The most you can do is disable the fade effect and the issue will be resolved. For that go in Control Panel and click on Display. Then click on Nvidia Nview Desktop Manager and click on Desktop Management. Click on Properties and look for Appearance. There you can find a section listed as Effects. In that just uncheck Fade Effect. That's all.
Old 27-02-2005

Try to update the drivers back again and then check back. I am sure that will be more helpful for you. Just re-update or re-install the drivers back again and then test back. I am sure that will be more than enough for fixing the issue. You can check the startup files also by going inside msconfig and disable associated programs.
Old 11-06-2009

I had a similar problem, here IE would not open so you cannot access the Tools menu to roll back to default settings.

To get around this select:-
Control Panel - Internet Options - Advanced tab - Reset...
Old 21-01-2010

Re: what is sysfader.exe

I have the same problem, I'm going to try instructions...

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,