Thread: Cannot Complete the Save Movie Wizard - Windows Movie maker

Cannot Complete the Save Movie Wizard - Windows Movie maker

I am using Windows Movie Maker to on my Windows XP SP2 laptop. The movie contains several JPEGs, Music and video files. I was working on this project since past two weeks to get it exactly as I wanted and finally done everything including the editing. Now it was the time to Save the Movie and I faced a problem.

Whenever I’m trying to save the movie, Windows Movie Maker wont allow and tells me that:
    • Verify that the original source files used in your movie are still available
    • The saving location may not be available
    • There may not be enough disk space available

All three reasons listed above are ridiculous because I haven’t moved any file on my hard drive since I started making this movie. Also rechecked and each file is still available where it was. As per second reason, I already tried saving it on my Hard Drive, USB Drive and even a CD but no success. And finally as it says “There may not be enough disk space available”, Well movie is just 355 MB in size and have more than 280GB space left on my Hard drive.

Any idea what is wrong with Movie Maker? I cannot let my 2 weeks hard work go waste like this. Please help.

Re: Cannot Complete the Save Movie Wizard - Windows Movie maker

There are several users around here faced the same problem. Don’t worry, hopefully you will get it done. As you said you are sure that none of the files have been moved anywhere since you started working on this video, I’ll suggest you to Save the Project first somewhere on your hard drive. Note, you have to save “Project” and not the ‘Movie’. Also do it as “Save As”.

Once done, close Movie Maker and restart it again after a minute. Wait for few minutes and let WMM import all jpes, music and video files. Once done, try saving the movie now. It should work fine.