Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Local Area Connection Not Working

Windows XP Support

Old 23-02-2005

Local Area Connection Not Working

I need some help with lan network in my office. The connection is simply not working well. When I try to connect my laptop on the network I am facing a problem. It is showing me limited or not connectivity. I do not understand why it only happen to my pc while for others things are working fine. I tried to manually remove the cable but still it is not working. I am stuck with the setup here. Can anyone help me to fix the issue. Thanks.

Old 23-02-2005

RE: Local Area Connection Not Working

If you get a limited connectivity issue then it simply means your pc is not able to access the dns. Click on start and then click on run. In that type cmd and hit enter. In that type ipconfig /all and hit enter. See whether you get all the configuration there. If not then there is a kind of dhcp issue. You will need to contact the network admin that can offer you a static ip.
Old 23-02-2005

RE: Local Area Connection Not Working

Go in network places and look for lan adapter. Right click on that and choose disable. Then enable the same back again. If still it does not work then go in some other pc next to you and launch cmd. Hit ipconfig /all. You can note down the dns address and other details. Also verify the workgroup of that pc. Make necessary change in your pc like putting your pc on common workgroup and restart your pc.
Old 23-02-2005

Re: Local Area Connection Not Working

Try to update the lan driver and then test it back. Right click on My Computer and click on Properties. Then click on Hardware and click on Device Manager. In that look for the lan adapter. Right click on the same and select update drivers. You can also visit the website of motherboard manufacturer and collect the most latest drivers. I am sure that will be enough for you.
Old 23-02-2005

Re: Local Area Connection Not Working

There are many reason behind the error. I am giving you a link of Microsoft KB article which will guide you in dealing with problem you are facing. The link below is having ample of information on your problem. You can simply use the troubleshooting steps provided below. Just follow the same and then test back. I am sure the issue will be resolved.

You receive a "Limited or no connectivity" message on a computer that is connected to the Internet by a DSL modem or by a cable modem after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,