Thread: STOP Ox000000ED Unmountable_Boot_Volume

STOP Ox000000ED Unmountable_Boot_Volume

I am facing BSOD on my office pc. The error on the screen is "STOP Ox000000ED Unmountable_Boot_Volume". I am not able to find any way to fix the same. I tried using Windows disk but still the problem lies the same. I am not really sure how to use recover your windows safe mode, but somehow I need to find a way soon. How can I fix the error. Bluescreen error appear mostly due to hardware failure. I am having ample of data due to which I cannot format it.

Re: STOP Ox000000ED Unmountable_Boot_Volume

It is a startup error that can be fixed. There are ample of solution available for the same. I am going to provide you some links that will help you in fixing the problem. If nothing works out then you have to format the computer completely. You can take your data backup via bootable live cd. That is a good way of copying data to another drives. Just try the repair setup also.

When you restart your computer or upgrade to Windows XP, you receive the "STOP 0x000000ED UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" error message
    Unmountable Boot Volume

Many says that this error only appear if you are using a wrong hard drive cable. But this is really weird. The same cable was working on the old system and after upgrade this new issue starts. To fix the issue you will have to change the hard drive cable. You can find that easily in the market or you can also order it online. Get a new cable and attach the same to your system and then turn on. The error will disappear. It is a kind of hardware issue that appear only after fresh xp upgrade.

Go in Safe Mode and run checkdisk. It is an problem with the hard drive. Windows is not able to identify the same. Try to run chkdsk in cmd and then test back. This will be helpful to fix the problem. If you detect any errors in the hard drive then you will have to replace the same. You can also go ahead with advance Windows Recovery. It is first essential to backup all your data. You can do the same through a bootable drive. Just boot your system with that and go in the internal partitions. You can copy the files and save them somewhere.