Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Age of empires II direct tcp/ip connection problem

Windows XP Support

Old 30-01-2007

Age of empires II direct tcp/ip connection problem

I need some help with connectivity of Age of empires II. I want to play it online but somehow the connectivity here is not working. I need some basic configuration settings here. I am using TCP/IP direct play. But it is not working. I cannot join any games. Is there any other options available through which I can play this game online with my friends.

Old 30-01-2007

Re: age of empires II direct tcp/ip connection problem

It looks the connection is blocked due to which you are getting the failure problem. It is necessary that you check your firewall settings. Disable that or simply add the game under exception list and check back. I am sure that will do the job. You can simply go in the firewall settings and then look for exception section. Add the game.exe file in it and then check again. If there is any antivirus in your pc just disable the same for sometime and test it again.
Old 23-02-2007

Go in your router and forward a port for the game. You can find the complete process on web. Port Forwarding is an easier way to play games online. It works really well without issue. You just need to dedicate a port for the game connectivity with your friends. There is no need to work with firewall. A quick way is to simply disable the antivirus for sometime and then test it back. I am sure it will work.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,