Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft acpi driver

Windows XP Support

Old 27-01-2007

Microsoft acpi driver

I am not able to get my computer to switch off after shutdown. I have searched enough for some suggestions and based on my reaserch I found that the microsoft acpi driver is missing. I think that my computer needs this to complete a full shutdown and switch off? I am on Windows XP, can anyone please help. Thanks

Old 28-01-2007

RE: Microsoft acpi driver

I guess that you will have to reinstall your Video card drivers of the motherboard drivers if the video card is integrated in the board, check the below links:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197737

"It is Now Safe to Turn Off Your Computer" error message when you try to shut down your computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810903
Old 28-01-2007

Re: Microsoft acpi driver

Thanks but after following the links, it didnt fix my issue. I think that what I found was that microsoft acpi driver is missing, so this is the main cause of the problem. Can you suggest me how to reinstall this driver? Thanks once again
Old 28-01-2007

Re: Microsoft acpi driver

You can copy it from the CD to the below path on your computer or from another computer to your machine:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers is the path where you need to copy it in the drivers folders and then restart. Also, try to run sfc /scannow from the run command and get your XP CD to insert it in if the system ask you to do so.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: