Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

HP pavilion dv1000 series notebook XP reinstall problem

Windows XP Support

Old 27-01-2007

HP pavilion dv1000 series notebook XP reinstall problem

I bought HP pavilion dv1000 notebook 3 months ago from one of my friend and got it without recovery disk as he lost it somewhere. Now the problem am facing with this notebook is that I want to format it due to some reason but I don’t have its original Installation disk as well as no recovery disk. So I borrowed burn Xp installation disk from one of my friends and started the setup.

As soon as the setup screen appears suddenly it gives the blue screen with many information but I was only managed to note error 0xF899663C. I tried many times but yet the same result. As troubleshooting I tried increasing the time for POST tests but that too dint helped though I am able to format other PCs with the same installation Disk. Is it like HP has embedded some security feature that prevents their laptop to be re-installed with non-HP recovery discs?

I would also like to know whether it is my Sata HardDrive that is causing the problem ?Can anyone help me out fixing my problem ?

Old 27-01-2007

Re: HP pavilion dv1000 series notebook XP reinstall problem

There are few troubleshooting steps available on HP's official website regarding the same. Please see the following HP article:

Performing an HP System Recovery in Windows XP:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...dlc=en&lang=en

Obtaining HP Recovery CDs:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...cname=bph07143
Old 25-01-2012

Re: HP pavilion dv1000 series notebook XP reinstall problem

Your not the only one, like me and a few others, our Hp Pavillions are causing problems with this drive stuff happing to you and the SATA Native Support is %&$##*ing me off. Help?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,