Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Help! Cannot find Control Panel in Start Menu

Windows XP Support

Old 26-01-2007

Help! Cannot find Control Panel in Start Menu

I did something in the taskbar settings in the Control Panel to remove some icons and I think I did something wrong. I cannot locate my control panel or the settings links from my start menu. Can anyone help me how to get the control panel so that I can readjust the setting? Thanks

Old 26-01-2007

Re: Help! Cannot find Control Panel in Start Menu

You can try to open your Windows Explorer or any program with an address bar and then type there control panel. It will bring you there hopefully. Also try to go to Start and then Run and then type Control Panel and press enter.
Old 27-01-2007

Re: Help! Cannot find Control Panel in Start Menu

You can right click on Start and then select Properties and then select Start Menu tab with Start menu bullet selected, select Customize and then in advanced tab > Start menu items > Set Control Panel first item to display as a link.
Old 27-01-2007

Re: Help! Cannot find Control Panel in Start Menu ---- THANKS !!

Thanks for the replies guys, now everything is working fine as it should.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,