Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

Windows XP Support

Old 13-02-2005

INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

I am trying to install Windows XP on a fdisked hard drive but am getting this error message - "INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768". Does anyone know how to get rid of this error? Thanks.

Old 13-02-2005

Re: INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

It seems like you are trying to reformat the drive with the old method. So you can follow the below article on "How to troubleshoot problems during installation when you upgrade from Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP":

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;310064
Old 19-12-2009

Re: INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768

This error message happens DURING THE WINDOWS INSTALLATION, its an error message about a file ON THE WINDOWS CD! I just can't stand when people have these all knowing to solutions that waste people's time and energy. No wonder Microsoft is so messed up. I'm buying a mac .
Old 23-04-2010

Issue:
I had following error message
"INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 4096". This happened after a virus attack. One of the hard drive partition also got emptied.

Resolution:
I removed all peripherals other than monitor, keyboard and mouse
I tried to boot from a bootable XP cd and it throwed error.
Then I tried Windows 7 and I was able to complete a new installation.

Result:
System is working fine now
Lost data of emptied drive (which had virus attack). I couldnt recover that as I forced to install Windows 7 in this drive due memory constraints in other partitions.

Learning: Always keep a good amount of free space in ur 'C' drive Or any other drive so that in a OS crash, you can proceed with new OS installation.

To resolve this issue COMPLETE FORMAT is not required

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,