Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

converting wmm from wmv to avi

Windows XP Support

Old 20-01-2007

converting wmm from wmv to avi

I need some help with converting WMV audio files here. I want to convert WMV files to AVI but I am not able to find out a working solution for the same. I need some way by which I can create a proper avi files that I want to use in Movie maker. I had seen that after conversion there is ample of problem with the sound quality. It is quiet dull and not working well. I am stuck with the same. Can anyone help me here.

Old 20-01-2007

Re: converting wmm from wmv to avi

You can simply import the wmv files directly in Windows Movie Maker. The video editor software reads those file and when you are done with making movie you can simply publish the same in mp4 format. That is the best way to deal with the video editing work. There is no need to convert the files in different reading formats. I am sure that is one of the best way to make things work. But still if you are looking for a converter then just search for a good wmv converter on the web and you will be able to find ample of things.
Old 21-01-2007

There can be some kind of compatibility bug with movie makers in terms of file conversion. That is why you are facing the problem. The most common and best format that works properly in any movie editor is mp3. I am sure it is much better compare to other audio formats. It is necessary that you must simply convert all your audio files in a mp3 format and then test back. With mp3 audio you will not face any problem with movie publishing.
Old 23-01-2007

Updating codec pack in your pc is far more helpful in many ways. When you add codec pack in your pc the default media player is capable of reading all kinds of video or file format. I hope there will be some codec pack available for movie maker also and it will simply work great to some extent. I skipped using movie maker due to problem with different audio video format. I am using Corel Video Studio tool. It supports a large amount of video formats and work really well.
Old 15-06-2010

Re: converting wmm from wmv to avi

I am using MelodyCan here. It is a very nice converter that allows to convert audio files in the different format I need. And also another important thing is that after conversion it does not simply spoil the quality of audio files. It works really well.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,