Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Msvcp80.dll and msvcr80.dll file missing errors

Windows XP Support

Old 18-01-2007

Msvcp80.dll and msvcr80.dll file missing errors

I need some here. I am trying to run Adobe Reader 8.0. When I launch the same I am getting a error that cannot access Msvcp80.dll and msvcr80.dll. I am also getting the same kind of issue with Nokia PC suite also. I cannot understand how suddenly this kind of problem started appearing on my system. I am looking for some solution that really work. Does any replacing the files directly will be more than enough. Or there is some more fix available.

Old 18-01-2007

RE: msvcp80.dll and msvcr80.dll

The issue is due to Windows Defender. Just remove that from your system and check again. I am sure the problem will be resolved. I was getting the same issue. I found a solution web which says to remove Windows Defender. I am not aware about the relation between missing files and defender. But it really works. The problem is resolved now and there is no issue when I launch any application.
Old 19-01-2007

Never download dll files from web and copy in your system. Ample of dll files on web are manifested with spyware due to which you can face severe problem. It is necessary that you must use Windows installation disc only. You can run a repair setup which is more helpful and works nicely. One quick thing you can try before is running System Restore. It works fine and replaces corrupt or damaged files. Try to update latest drivers of all hardware in your system and then test back.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,