Thread: My Music file not found by iTunes

My Music file not found by iTunes

I have installed iTunes on my Windows XP system but there is some problem. iTunes is not able to find any music on my hard drive. Whenever I start it, it says something like my music folder cannot be found or created. I found several articles on web people facing the same problem but there is yet not a single solution that worked for me.

Anyways, in order to fix the problem I found a Tweak UI and tried changing my music location so that iTunes can access it but seems like My Music is not even listed under the special folders option. Damn. Can anyone please tell me what could be done to make iTunes see my Music?

Thanks for your helps.

RE: My Music file not found by iTunes

Hello Aadimoolan. Actually the cause of this problem is any conflict or messed up registry key. And due to this iTunes cannot find your music folders. In order to fix the samego to Start > Run > type "regedit" and press Enter key.

Now navigate to the following registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > Explorer > Shell Folders. Here you will find "My Music" which you need to edit and set it as your default music folder (C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\My Music).

You need to do the same in "User Shell Folders" which is also under Explorer. Thats it. Problem will be solved.