Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Re: XL SP2 Install hangs and fixccs.exe eats all CPU

Windows XP Support

Old 11-01-2007

Windows XP SP2 Install hangs and fixccs.exe eats all CPU

I am trying to install Windows XP SP2. But when I try to run the setup I am getting a problem with the setup. I found my system freezing a lot in working. After running the setup I found fixccs.exe in Task Manager which is eating around 100% of the processor. It does not moves ahead. Only after restarting the system things are working well here. Can anyone help me here to deal with the problem.

Old 21-03-2013

Windows XP SP2 Install hangs and fixccs.exe eats all CPU

There are two things you can do. The easiest way is to re-install the SP2 back from scratch by downloading a fresh copy of the setup. Second thing is a bit longer and manual process. Here make list of all files which are inside the setup.exe file. Extract the file and wait for the license agreement screen. Do not click on I Agree. Just want back and right click on My Computer > Properties. Go to the temp folder and search for FixCCS.exe. Rename the file and then continue with the setup.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,