Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

My Bluetooth Places does NOT open

Windows XP Support

Old 07-01-2007

My Bluetooth Places does NOT open

This is Windows XP Professional system with Service Pack 2 Installed. Couple of weeks ago I bought a Asus USB Bluetooth Dongle. Installed Widcomm drivers and Bluetooth started working fine. It worked for a week and later whenever I try to open "My Bluetooth Places" nothing happened.

I uninstalled and re-installed its drivers and again it started working fine. It worked fine for a week and stopped working again. I cannot open "My Bluetooth Places" either by right clicking or from the system tray. As I said above, it will work again if I reinstall the drivers again.

Do anyone of you have any idea why does it stops working after few days automatically? Please provide some permanent solution. Thanks

Old 17-01-2007

Re: My Bluetooth Places does NOT open

If i'm not wrong Widcomm is the third party, right? Dint you received any software/driver CD with Asus USB Bluetooth Dongle itself? If not, try searching for its drivers on Asus's website itself and install the same. Probably this problem is because of incompatible drivers and installing the one you will get from Asus should work fine.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,