Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

computer goes into sleep mode

Windows XP Support

Old 06-01-2007

computer goes into sleep mode

Hi friends, I need some urgent help from you all.

I started facing problem with my E-Machines E190 running with Windows XP - SP2 couple of days ago. Whenever I start the system about 5 minutes later my SMPS fan speedsup automatically and just after few seconds I use to get a big message on my screen saying ?Entering Sleep Mode.? That is very annoying because I use to work and I don?t tell it to go into sleep mode.

That?s not all. Furthermore, once it is gone in sleep mode and I try to wake it up, it refuses. Also if I try to restart the computer, it wont. Only thing I need to do is leave the system for about 15 minutes and then boot it again. It boots fine and the same thing repeats again.

Do I need to through this entire system in garbage or is there any fix for the same?

Old 06-01-2007

RE: computer goes into sleep mode

As far as i can guess, probably this is caused by CPU overheating. Did you tried monitoring your CPU temperature? If not, do it and let me know the result.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: