Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Defender Service

Windows XP Support

Old 01-01-2007

Windows Defender Service

I am running Windows XP and when I go into Start > Control Panel > Software Explorers, then the below error message starts to appear:

Application failed to initialize:
0x800106ba. A problem caused Windows Defender Service to stop. To start the service, restart your computer or search Help and Support on how to start a service manually.

How to solve this issue?

Old 01-01-2007

RE: Windows Defender Service

Even I am facing the same issues and recently it has started in my computer and I also need a solution for this problem. Please help.
Old 04-01-2007

I think that you are still using the beta version of Windows Defender. So you will need to download the final released version from Microsoft and install it. That will solve the issue for you.
Old 20-05-2007

windows defender

I have the same issue, but om my computer runnig windows xp sp2 i am unable to install the new version of defender and also the old version will not uninstall,nbecause it cannot find WindowsDeffender.msi file anyone else have this issue.
Old 21-05-2007

Re: Windows Defender Service

Can you try to do a file search for windowsdefender.msi. It might be present under one of the C:\Windows\Installer\{GUID} folders.
Old 21-05-2007

I tried that and pointed to the file and it still will not un install

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: