Thread: Age of Empires III will not install - please help!

Age of Empires III will not install - please help!

It is my Windows XP with pretty good config and updated. I was trying to Install Age of Empires III The War Chiefs but the installation is getting interrupted everytime. When I put the disk and start installation, it reaches till start installing Shield, later it analyses my system and gives me an error saying "Age of Empires III is not installed. This setup will exit."

When I click on the error window, A OE III InstallShield Wizard appears and later few seconds it gives me another error window saying "InstallShield Wizard Complete. The wizard was interrupted before Age of Empires III - The WarChiefs could be completely installed/uninstalled." There use to be button “Finish”.

When I click Finish the installation disappears and there is nothing installed on my system. If you are thinking that my system requirement doesn’t meets the game, let me tell you that it is far enough better to run AOE III The War Chiefs according to official requirements. I tried to find out the cause for this error but as there was no other information on the error windows am unable to do the same. Can anyone help me out in this ?

Re: Age of Empires III will not install - please help!

If I am not wrong, The War Chiefs is just the expansion manager of the original game Age of Empires 3. Hence, in order to install this pack you must have Age of Empires 3 already installed on your system. DO you have the same installed ?

If not first install the same and than try installing The War Chiefs. You wont be getting such problem again.

Damn, how can I be so silly. Yes, this is expansion pack. As the game Age of Empires III itself is so new, I wasn’t expecting the release of any expansion pack so early. Hence gone mad and was troubleshooting it from so long. Anyway, thanks a lot for the help buddy. I know what I need to do now.

Great to hear that you solved your problem Eithne but I am too facing the similar problem. And in my case it is the original game and not the expansion pack. Am trying to install AOE III but as soon as the installation wizard opens, it quit itself after 10 seconds without installing the game.

In details, let me tell you that yesterday my younger bro had install the game but by mistakenly (while removing another apps) I also uninstalled AOE III form the system. That was yesterday, now today when I am trying to install theres the problem I mentioned above. Hope you guys can help.

Update: though my installation is not going up, after removing it first time when I check the installation folder there are 2 files left. Is it causing the problem ?

yes, it must be uninstalled completely from teh system before you start new installation. So, better go to the installation folder and shift delete both or all the files you see present over there. Also make sure there is not even any hidden files. Once done, start new installation and it should be installed this time.

Also make sure that you are logged in with Administrator account. Troubleshooting such things with standard user account may be unsuccessful.

hello
    i wanted to instal age of empires 3 my computer is preparing for the instal when it is done with that it just stops the instal i dont get any errors it just stops
    does anybody knows what i have to do
    thanks

Update Direct X version in your game. It is also needed that when you are running the setup the game must be compatible with the system. Basically patched games does not gives out any message for setup complete. They just extract the game in a different folder which is basically located in the c drive. Inside that you can see the launch icon. Look where the setup has extracted all the game files and then look for the launch icon.

SOLUTION FOUND

ERROR: Age of Empires is not installed. This setup will exit.

Hey Buddy i got the solution the same problem was with me and i found the solution.., Eric L you must read this...,

SOLUTION

When you install Age of Empires III: The War Chiefs or Microsoft Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties, you may receive the following error message:
    Age of Empires is not installed. This setup will exit.

This issue occurs if the original version of Age of Empires III is not installed on your computer.
    Age of Empires III: The War Chiefs and Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties are expansions, not full products. To install either or both of the expansions, your computer must also have the original version of Age of Empires III installed.

To resolve this issue, you must install Age of Empires III. If you already own a version of the original Age of Empires III game, please insert the CD or DVD into your computer’s disk drive, and follow the installation instructions.

Daniyalkhan007,
    1. Read the second post
    2. This is from 5 years ago he would have given up already
    3. Everyone would figure that out by themselves