Thread: Stop: c000021a and 0xc0000135 (Fatal System Error)

Stop: c000021a and 0xc0000135 (Fatal System Error)

I am having a Windows XP pc here. I had installed the same on Compaq desktop and it looks to be working fine. Here I had tried to use a screen saver and after that there is a blue screen error on the screen. I am getting a constant blue screen message which is STOP: c000021a. I am also gettinga new error logon failed at 0xc0000135 when I try to login .What should I do here to fix the issue.

There can be some application in the pc which is causing the issue. I had got this because of Norton. The error message which I got is STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error. I had tried ample of things here but nothing worked. I even tried to work under safe mode but still the issue lies the same. I tried system restore which made by system stable for sometime. But the issue was solved once I formatted my pc and things are resolved. There is no error rightnow.

Re: c000021a (Fatal System Error)

I will also recommend you to format your system once again to gain a bit more stability. Bluescreen is a serious error which is caused by damaged system files or hardware. It is essential that you must check properly which recently installed application is causing the problem. You can also try to disconnect your system from internet and then test back. There are some applications that work on lan level. The issue can be due to that. Just remove those things and then check back.

re: Stop: c000021a and 0xc0000135 (Fatal System Error)

I have fixed the problem. Follow the steps below.
    1. Go to safe mode by pressing F8 when booting up
    2. In safe mode, click stark>run and type in msconfig and hit enter
    3. Under general tab select Diagnostic Startup and hit apply and restart your computer in normal mode
    4. After restarting your computer, if internet is working, do windows update and install SP3
    5. After restarting your computer, if internet doesn't work, go to msconfig and under services, enable only the obvious microsoft services and restart
    6. Once done with SP3 install, your computer should be good to go.

I did the above steps and it works on my computer.

I have just joined here and was experiencing very similar issues (XP sp2). My status was :status of 0xc0000096 (0x00000000 0x00000000). I was , however, able to log in under safe mode. A system restore was of no use as everytime I restarted in normal mode I got the same BSOD. After trawling several sites I tried running chkdsk and this did throw up some errors. After restarting again.... It seems to be fine ( as of yet). So I may have been lucky... CHKDSK is always something to try....you never know. I have the same fatal system error c000021a on my computer. I have tried loading save mode and last known good configuration but both start to load and then the blue fatal system error screen comes up. Is there a way I can get past this screen?

How do you do this or can you send me a link that gives more information? If you've got access to another system, this is easy to do if you have access to another XP system with enough drive space. Simply remove the drive from your system, and attach it to the other system either via internal cabling or a USB2 drive case In reply to the blue screens. I was going through the same thing for more than a week. I have a solution. I tried using recovery console, using fixboot and chkdsk. I tried over-the-top installs. I tried all safe mode options. I tried last good configuration. Nothing worked. I know reinstalling windows will work but it will erase all my data.

I found a way around that, to get all my data off of the drive and get my computer back up and running windows. It took me a few days but i finally got it. Thanks to all of the different posts and forums. I now help other people do the same. If you are having this problem and nothing else is working for you contact me at my email. I will respond right away, I have a smart phone so i get my emails instantly. Fixed worked for me, now what can be done about preventing the error again, apparently this problem occurred when updating windows.

Problem can be with the virus. Try to scan your pc and see what output you are getting. If there is a virus then it has spread on the lan and caused the problem. It is recommended that you must simply run system restore one by one on all the systems. Go check in Event viewer what you get. You can find ample of information on the problem inside event viewer and then you can through that fix the problem you are facing.

Boot into the Windows XP Recovery Console using the Windows XP CD-ROM or using the startup option (if available). See article How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP for more information. Type in the password for your installation of Windows XP, and press Enter. When you see the C:\Windows Prompt, type this command:DIR $*. This lists all the folder starting with the letter $. All the $NtUninstall.... folders are now displayed. $NtUninstall folders are nothing but the Hotfix backup folders, which contains the original version of the system files, before the hotfix was installed. Note down the Hotfix numbers matching the date you installed the problematic Hotfix(es). Spot the Hotfix that you want to remove, and change to that directory by typing this: CHDIR $NtUninstallKBnnnnnn$\spuninst. Once you're in that folder, you'll need to execute the spuninst.txt which contains DOS commands, similar to a .BAT file. The command instructions in this spuninst.txt file will actually copy the original system files to their respective folders. To run the spuninst.txt file, type this: BATCH spuninst.txt.

I also got the error message : STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error). The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000). And have read many posts on how to possibly fix the problem and tried a number of them but still not working. I have a nine month old backup of my system on a spare hard drive that is working fine just all the files / emails etcetera are nine months old. I have a boot cd (active boot disk) that allows me to boot the pc and can transfer files from one hard drive to the other. I have tried copying some system files from the old drive to the current drive in the following order and tried a reboot each time but no luck yet : (I have made backup copies of both drives before I started this) Psapi.dll / Win32k.sys / System32 / Windows. If possible I would like to get my current (bsod) drive back operating by transferring “good” system files from my old drive. Is this possible and what files should I transfer. My active boot disk operates like a windows explorer window allowing me to drag and drop between drives. Got it fixed using a repair software Winternals ERD fantastic piece of software

I am experiencing the same problem that you have describe. Nothing is working and I don't want to reinstall windows and lose all my data. How did you do it?

I have the same problem on my laptop can you please help me?!

There may be some of the files in your operating system that are corrupted, and that is causing the issue like this. If you are not able to resolve this then the only option that can solve this problem is reinstalling the operating system. But make sure that you have tried all the other things for this and this is your last option. Good Luck!!!