Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Firewall / Internet Connection Sharing

Windows XP Support

Old 26-12-2006

Windows Firewall / Internet Connection Sharing

I am trying to find a way to repair the ICS service to no avail. My reinstall disk for Windows XP SP2 didnt even come with an install key, so a repair is out of the question. I was able to run the C:\windows\winnt32.exe /unattend program, but I was getting the "1075 error The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion." Can it be fine by just downloading a dll file or something to remake the service? Thanks

Old 26-12-2006

RE: Windows Firewall / Internet Connection Sharing

You can try the below, by openign a run command and then type or copy and paste the below text:

rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132
%windir%\inf\netrass.inf

After that reboot Windows and then run the below command from the command prompt:

NETSH FIREWALL RESET

Also, have you tried to turn it from services by typing in the Run command: services.msc and there look for ICS and enable it? Thanks
Old 10-11-2007

1. Open regedit
2. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess
3. Delete the entry for the DependOnService
4. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wscsvc
5. Delete the entry for the DependOnService
6. Close out regedit and Restart

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,