Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Where does outlook express save email files

Windows XP Support

Old 24-12-2006

Where does outlook express save email files

I need some help here with Outlook Express. Can anyone tell me where it actually saves all the email files. I cannot find it. I am using windows OS here. I am going to format my hard drive. I am facing a big performance issue here. But with that I will also loose all my emails. I want to copy them somewhere else and once my system is ready I want to pull it back in the new pc. I hope this would be possible to some extent. I searched in the system but unable to find the file.

Old 24-12-2006

Re: Where does outlook express save email files

Outlook emails are stored in the form of pst file. You have to copy that and then you can use it back on your new system for restoration. It works really great. The default location of outlook email is C:\*Documents and Settings\**Application Data\*Microsoft\*Outlook\*outlook.pst. There is one more way to find it. You will need to click on File > Data File Management > Open Folder. From there you can find the location and backup your mails.
Old 25-12-2006

I am going to give you some link reference that will give you more proper detail on the email location. It is essential that you must follow the instruction mentioned in those links properly so that you do not loose anything. There are some ready to use software available that can also give you the same kind of benefit. You can use them to run backup and restoration.

Back up Outlook e-mail messages
How to back up and to restore Outlook Express data
How to manage .pst files in Microsoft Outlook

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,