Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Wireless Keyboard Key Config

Windows XP Support

Old 19-12-2006

Wireless Keyboard Key Config

I have got some problem with Microsoft wireless Comfort keyboard 1.0a configuring the media player keys at the top of the keyboard. I normally use the Winamp player and have configured my system access defaults to use Winamp. If I am pressing the play button on the keyboard, after some work, winamp launches but will not play anything. The play button will not play as well as the next and previous and stop button doesnt work. I downloaded the driver for this keyboard but it seems like the wrong driver. Can anyone tell me if this keyboards media button will work on Winamp? Thanks.

Old 20-12-2006

Re: Wireless Keyboard Key Config

Have you tried to install the Intellitype drivers for the type of keyboard that you are having? The extra keys are not normally found on standard keyboards.
Old 20-12-2006

RE: Wireless Keyboard Key Config

You will have to install the latest drivers called "Intellpoint" from the microsoft website and then you can use the winamp software with the keyboard.
Old 20-12-2006

Re: Wireless Keyboard Key Config

Thanks, I have installed the intellitype driver and I even went through applying all the buttons once over in case but it didnt recognize the defaults. Do you have any other suggestions?
Old 21-12-2006

So I called microsoft support and they told me that the driver can only support the Windows Media Player only.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: